Last week Vanguard listed two new exchange-traded funds (ETFs) on the Toronto Stock Exchange, based on the NASDAQ Dividend Achievers CAD Select Index. The new ETFs, the Vanguard U.S. Dividend Appreciation Index ETF (VGG) and the Vanguard U.S. Dividend Appreciation Index ETF (VGH) represent the expansion of the NASDAQ Dividend Achievers into Canada.
"The launch of these new Dividend Achiever ETFs in Canada is another milestone in the international expansion of investment products tracking NASDAQ OMX indexes," said John Jacobs, Executive Vice President of NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes. "We are continuing to expand our overall index offering and improve our Dividend and Income family of indexes to help global investors benchmark this increasingly important space."
There are now five NASDAQ Dividend Achievers indexes offering exposure to Canadian companies.
- NASDAQ U.S. Dividend Achievers Select Currency Hedged CAD Index is designed to represent returns for the NASDAQ Dividend Achievers Select Index (DVG) and global investment strategies involving heding currency risk, but not constituent risk.
- NASDAQ U.S. Dividend Achievers Select CAD Index is comprised of a select group of securities with at least ten consecutive years of increasing annual regular dividend payments.
- NASDAQ Broad Canadian Dividend Achievers is comprised of Canadian securities with at least five consecutive years of increasing annual regular dividend payments.
- NASDAQ Select Canadian Dividend Achievers are select Canadian securities with at least five consecutive years of the same or increasing annual regular dividend payments.
- NASDAQ Select Canadian Preferred Share Index is designed to track the performance of the preferred security segment of the Toronto Stock Exchange.